Friday, August 24, 2012

If I Had Voted In The Sight & Sound Poll

So even though I used my previous post to question our obsession with list-making, I still wanted to throw my two cents out there in regards to this year's Sight & Sound poll. If I had been asked to vote, which had a less than 0% chance of happening, these are the movies I would have voted for. I’ve excluded foreign-language films from consideration, but not because they aren't worthy--I’m simply less sure of myself when I add them in. (Let’s hope time and experience change that.) You'll also notice my list favors movies from the seventies. I really can't explain that, but there it is; call me out in the comments section, if you're so inclined.
  • The Gold Rush (1925)
  • Citizen Kane (1941)
  • The Searchers (1956)
  • North by Northwest (1959)
  • The Godfather (1972)
  • Barry Lyndon (1975)
  • Days of Heaven (1978)
  • Goodfellas (1990)
  • The Royal Tenenbaums (2001)
  • There Will Be Blood (2007)

No comments:

Post a Comment