Lately, my urge to blog hasn't been very strong, partly because I've been busy with school, but also because I haven't been sure of what to write about. That's why I decided to put this little list together.
These twenty-five movies have essentially made me the person I am now, at twenty-seven. If you want to understand my tastes, my sense of humor, and what I look for in a movie, this list will tell you a lot about me.
That doesn't mean all of these are my favorites--although many of them are, and some were at one point--nor would I say these are THE BEST MOVIES OF ALL TIME. They are merely the ones that have left the deepest, most noticeable impression on me.
Over the next year, I'd like to dedicate a post to each one. A couple of these I've written about elsewhere, but oh well. My view is, there's always room for improvement, always the possibility of discovering something new.
Twenty-Five Movies That Have Made Me Who I Am
2. The Searchers (1956)
3. The Man Who Knew Too Much (1956)
4. North by Northwest (1959)
5. The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly (1966)
6. 2001: A Space Odyssey (1968)
7. The Godfather (1972)
8. Monty Python and the Search for the Holy Grail (1975)
9. Days of Heaven (1978)
10. The Shining (1980)
11. Raiders of the Lost Ark (1981)
12. Back to the Future (1985)
13. Wings of Desire (1987)
14. GoodFellas (1990)
15. Schindler's List (1993)
16. Three Colors: Blue (1993)
17. Forrest Gump (1994)
18. Braveheart (1995)
19. Magnolia (1999)
20. Amelie (2001)
21. The Royal Tenenbaums (2001)
22. Lost in Translation (2003)
23. There Will Be Blood (2007)
24. Inception (2010)
25. The Tree of Life (2011)